Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting Started

This past month I’ve been reading blogs about corgis. As a matter of fact that’s all I’ve been doing on the internet these days. Since I found out my boyfriend was going to get me a corgi I’ve been so obsessed with them. I love everything about corgis. I’m a bit sad I didn’t discover the blogging world of owning a corgi until recently because I would of started this right when I discovered that I was going to get my corgi. My boyfriend brought my adorable little ball of fur home on March third. I went the to the breeder’s house with him 4 weeks before I brought him home. I knew I wanted a male dog which is a good thing since all the females were already picked over. My boyfriend decided to choose the male who has the biggest head and boy does he have a big head. We named him Butterball no idea why but once we brought him home I knew that it was the right choice. Butterball is a tri-colored Pembroke. I brought him home at eight weeks old. He was born on January 05. I have a lot of catching up to do. In the upcoming post I will talk about his journey of the first month home.

p.s. this is my first time ever writing a blog and if you have any suggestions please let me know thanks :D


I found a picture the breeder emailed to me of Butterball I think he's about 5-6 weeks old here. He's so small and fluffy I can't believe hes the same dog who's running around playing right now. They grow up so fast.

4 comments:

Karen and Bailey said...

yes they grow up so fast!!! they look like guinea pigs at that age... i remember! hhaah

Karen said...

hhahaha yes they do.

Bailey and Cali - Two Pups, One Tale said...

where did you get Butterball?
I'm always curious where fellow SoCal people get their pups from...

Karen said...

we got butterball from a breeder in morino valley called the royal corgis of america

sorry i didnt reply faster i just realized you commented this post