Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting Started

This past month I’ve been reading blogs about corgis. As a matter of fact that’s all I’ve been doing on the internet these days. Since I found out my boyfriend was going to get me a corgi I’ve been so obsessed with them. I love everything about corgis. I’m a bit sad I didn’t discover the blogging world of owning a corgi until recently because I would of started this right when I discovered that I was going to get my corgi. My boyfriend brought my adorable little ball of fur home on March third. I went the to the breeder’s house with him 4 weeks before I brought him home. I knew I wanted a male dog which is a good thing since all the females were already picked over. My boyfriend decided to choose the male who has the biggest head and boy does he have a big head. We named him Butterball no idea why but once we brought him home I knew that it was the right choice. Butterball is a tri-colored Pembroke. I brought him home at eight weeks old. He was born on January 05. I have a lot of catching up to do. In the upcoming post I will talk about his journey of the first month home.

p.s. this is my first time ever writing a blog and if you have any suggestions please let me know thanks :D


I found a picture the breeder emailed to me of Butterball I think he's about 5-6 weeks old here. He's so small and fluffy I can't believe hes the same dog who's running around playing right now. They grow up so fast.

4 comments:

Karen and Bailey said...

yes they grow up so fast!!! they look like guinea pigs at that age... i remember! hhaah

Karen said...

hhahaha yes they do.

Bailey's Adventures said...

where did you get Butterball?
I'm always curious where fellow SoCal people get their pups from...

Karen said...

we got butterball from a breeder in morino valley called the royal corgis of america

sorry i didnt reply faster i just realized you commented this post