Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So Excited

Today has been a good day my photography teacher is going to let me borrow one of the new digital cameras, which means I will be doing better in photo class....and I get to take better pictures of Butterball :D I am oh so excited.

I am a senior in high school and when I got home today Butterball was so hyper. He went outside did his usual business, I let him in, and he just keeps running in circles around the couch. He is sure being one oddball.

Butterball loves to get his peanut butter biscuit and throw it around, pounce on it, lay on it, and bark at it.
I've been trying to get him to learn the command down which means lay down, he's being very stubborn with this one. So far he knows the commands sit, up, and sometimes down. He did really well today and he loves his training rewards. He doesn't always listen to the commands though which is a bit frustrating. I am considering taking him to puppy classes at Petsmart but I am a bit unsure if its worth the money and time. Maybe I just need to work some more with him?

The easiest thing to train Butterball was potty training, he did very well with his puppy pads and he barely even uses them anymore. I have a huge cage he stays in when I am at school and he hasn’t even used to potty in there in two weeks. Although he does have his moments when he pees a little here and there, I think he’s trying to mark his territory since we have an other male dog in the house. He also has to occasional poops in the house, and always in the same spot. I am not sure why this is so.

Today I realized how much Butterball has grown since I got him. I am sad I didn’t get any good quality pictures of him when I first got him.
Here’s a picture of butterball the first day I brought him home, he’s so small and fluffy here.





I just can’t believe how fast he’s grown. His adorable fluffy puppy fur is falling out and replacing it is the adult fur. Although it is a lot shinier, its not as soft. I guess they have to grow up someday….


this is him today, sorry about his eyes


this one is my favorite :D

1 comment:

Karen and Bailey said...

what a big but handsome boy!!! i probably will eventually get another dog, but unsure as to if it will be a corgi again!